The bathroom is one of the places in your home that’s prone to have mold. It’s humid, often gets wet, and has much organic material mold feeds on (fun fact: an estimate that close to 80% of dust is composed of human skin) – these factors create the perfect environment for mold growth.
Check the corners of your shower and bathtub, ceiling, wall, caulking, windowsill, and shower curtains – these spots are most likely to host mold growth.
Signs of mold in the bathroom
A musty or a sour smell is a sure giveaway that there’s mold in your bathroom. You may also notice growths in a wide range of colors, from black to green and white.
How to prevent mold growth in your bathroom
Minimize the chances of mold growth with these steps:
- Make sure your bathroom is well-ventilated. Install an exhaust fan and turn it on each time you’re in the bathroom to eliminate moisture and odors, which will improve air quality.
- Keep your shower curtain closed so that it dries faster. An open shower curtain traps water between its folds, which encourages mold growth. You can also replace your plastic shower curtain with breathable fabrics like cotton or hemp.
- Repair any leaking pipes as soon as possible as any pooling water can lead to irreversible water damage and potential mold growth.
- Thoroughly clean your bathroom at least once a week; use cleaning agents with antibacterial properties. Make sure surfaces are dry and dust-free. Pay close attention to corners, ridges, and nooks where dust and mold spores can accumulate unnoticed.
- Minimize bathroom clutter; pooling water around toiletries, damp towels, and damp clothing can host mold growth.
How to get rid of mold in your bathroom
If there is mold in your bathroom, it’s best to have it addressed by a Nashville-based mold remediation professional. Attempting to scrub, scrape, or wash it away will only release microscopic mold spores, which will only exacerbate your mold problem.
Rytech’s IICRC certified technicians are fully equipped and experienced to thoroughly inspect your bathroom and determine the scope of the issue.
Our expert mold remediation specialists in Nashville will work with you and a certified indoor air quality professional to determine the best course of action if they find mold damage in your bathroom. They will work to remove the existing mold and cut off sources of moisture that feed its growth. Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today to learn more about our mold remediation service.
Rytech Nashville has become a leader in water damage restoration and mold remediation Nashville. The company has reached exponential growth from its humble beginnings in one location and currently provides service to 49 major markets across 25 states. Call (615) 751-8445 for more information.